Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 
Autor Wiadomość
lxt1217
 Tytuł: ario Matt of Austria, who led after the first run, st
Źródło:
PostWiadomość wysłana.: 17 sierpnia 2018 9:31 
User

ST. PAUL, Minn. -- The Phoenix Coyotes were worried that their reputation as a defensive team was in jeopardy. On Wednesday night, they took a big step toward getting it back. Radim Vrbata scored two goals and Thomas Greiss made 28 saves to lead the Coyotes over the Minnesota Wild 3-1. The win snapped a three-game losing streak for the Coyotes. The Wild have lost two straight and scored a total of one goal in that stretch. The Coyotes rank fourth in the league in goals per game, but theyd allowed 20 goals in their past five games before Wednesday. They dont have a shutout this season and hadnt allowed fewer than two goals in a game since Oct. 29. "We know we have to get back to playing a really tight defending game," Coyotes coach Dave Tippett said. "Our offence has been very good, that hasnt been an issue. But we have to defend better and tonight hopefully was a step in that direction." The Wild were playing their first game without leading scorer Zach Parise, who is expected to miss 2 to 3 weeks with a foot injury suffered on Monday in St. Louis. Minnesotas offence was sluggish for much of the game, especially in the first period when the Wild were outshot 12-5 and fell behind 1-0. The Wild struggled to adapt to new line combinations that were immediately juggled when centre Mikael Granlund left the game and did not return after taking a hard hit on his first shift. "It seems like every game right now weve got different guys going out with different guys. But theres no excuses," Wild coach Mike Yeo said. "That game was still there for us but weve got to make sure were ready to start better, thats all." Mikkel Boedker put the Coyotes on top with his sixth goal of the season at 8:13 of the first. He picked up a loose puck in the neutral zone and started a 2-on-1 break with linemate Mike Ribeiro. Boedker kept the puck and fired a shot from the left faceoff circle that beat Wild goaltender Niklas Backstrom. That was almost all the cushion Greiss needed. Playing in just his sixth game of the season, he said he appreciated having an early lead to take the momentum and ease some of the pressure on him. "It was great," Greiss said. "We talked a little bit about getting the first goal and playing a solid defensive game. Thats what we did." Vrbata doubled the lead at 3:42 of the second period when he pounced on a pass from Tim Kennedy from behind the net and snapped the puck past Backstrom for his seventh of the season. Dany Heatley brought the Wild within a goal midway through the third period when he buried a rebound that Greiss didnt handle cleanly. Nino Niederreiter took a shot from the top of the slot that was tipped in front of Greiss. The puck bounced off his mask and fell to Heatley at the right post, where he got his fifth goal of the season. But that was the closest Minnesota would get. Vrbata added an empty-net goal on a power play with 22.9 seconds left to provide the final margin. "Its a start," Tippett said. "We played a solid road game. We came out and had a really good first period. We got up by one and had some chances to go farther than that. "We took a few unfortunate penalties in the second and let them get a little bit of momentum, but then we weathered the storm in the third and got a solid two points." Notes: Despite missing Parise, the Wild welcomed the return of two key players on Wednesday. D Keith Ballard had missed the past nine games with two broken ribs, while C Torrey Mitchell had missed three games with a lower-body injury. ... Phoenix is 6-0-2 in its past eight games in Minnesota. Cameron Payne Jersey . The NFL announced Friday that the Texans sixth-year veteran offensive lineman will replace Philadelphia Eagles tackle Jason Peters in the Jan. Zach LaVine Jersey .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude. http://www.authenticbullsauthority.com/ ... rsey-c-12/. As Valanciunas was whistled for a rare technical toward the end of the third quarter - a result of waving his hand at an official after being called for a foul - Lowry pulled the Raptors sophomore aside, corralling him by his jersey and patting him on the back. Dennis Rodman Jersey .com) - Nate Buss 3-pointer with 5. Nikola Mirotic Jersey .5 million, two-year contract that runs through 2015. Venable, the son of former big leaguer Max Venable, will make $4.KRANJSKA GORA, Slovenia -- Felix Neureuther overcame a pre-Olympic car crash to win a World Cup slalom on Sunday, giving himself pole position in the fight for the seasons discipline title. Neureuther beat Fritz Dopfer for a German 1-2 finish, and overtook Marcel Hirscher on top of the slalom standings by five points with one race remaining. On his way to Munich airport for his flight to Sochi on Feb. 14, Neureuther suffered whiplash as he lost control of his car on an icy road and hit the barrier. "I was in the best shape of my life when the car accident happened," Neureuther said. "The whole body was hurting. I couldnt ski at my top level at the Olympics. I was very disappointed. That was the most difficult time of my life." Starting as a medal contender, Neureuther came eighth in the GS and failed to finish his second run of the slalom at the Olympics. "The last couple of weeks have been brutal," the German said. "But I kept on fighting and today is the reward for that. I came back and I am very proud of that." Neureuther finished in a two-run combined time of 1 minute, 45.50 seconds to lead Dopfer by 0.59. Norwegian teenager Henrik Kristoffersen took third, 0.79 back. Olympic champion Mario Matt of Austria, who led after the first run, straddled a gate near the end of his final run and failed to finish. Hirscher came 0.95 behind Neureuther in fifth. The Austrian has 465 slalom points, just five behind Neureuther on 470. Kristoffersen is third on 430. "It looks pretty good," Neureuther said. "Henrik and Marcel are very close. Its going to be exciting. We will all ski absolutely to our limits." Neureuther said that winning the slalom globe would not make up for missing out on an Olympic medal. "Olympics are every four years," he said. "An Olympic medal is something different, winning a globe means youre the best skier during the whole year." It was Neureuthers seventh career slalom win and he now shares the German record for most World Cup wins in the discipline with Armin Bittneer.dddddddddddd Two-time defending champion Hirscher went top of the overall standings with 1,050 points, edging Norways Aksel Lund Svindal by just four points and setting up a tense conclusion to the season at next weeks World Cup finals in Lenzerheide, Switzerland. "Something has to change over the next few days," said Hirscher, who was hoping for a larger buffer. "I have to be able to compete at the same level as Aksel again, otherwise I am lost. (Fifth) is better than skiing out but this result is not satisfying." Hirscher admitted he was feeling the pressure. He can become only the fourth skier, and the first Austrian, to win the overall title three years in a row. "I am just not racing as easily as I usually do," Hirscher said. "This was all I could do, more was impossible. I have to admit that. What the other three showed on the hill was different class. How Felix took the steep part, that was the best slalom skiing weve seen all season." Dopfer reached his fourth career World Cup podium but was still waiting for his first win. Like teammate Neureuther, Dopfer bounced back from a disappointing Olympics, where he came fourth in the slalom. "This is my medal," said Dopfer. "My last few slaloms have been really good and this is my reward." Kristoffersen continued his great run that started in January and saw him win his first World Cup race, an Olympic bronze medal, and two junior world titles. And Saturday, he earned his first career podium in GS. "My main goal is for sure to get a better skier," said the 19-year-old Norwegian, who was giving himself an outside chance to grab the slalom title next week. "For sure, now its that close you want more." Ted Ligety, who won a record sixth giant slalom on the same course Saturday, was 2.04 back in 16th. Former overall champion Ivica Kostelic of Croatia, who won here last year, finished 2.98 off the lead in 27th. Sundays race was the last event before the World Cup finals start in Lenzerheide, Switzerland, on Wednesday. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Na górę  || 

Bot Reklamowy Reklama

Nowy temat Odpowiedz w temacie  [ Posty: 1 ] 

Strefa czasowa UTC+1godz. [letni]